Mitsubishi Motors Canada Reveals New Dealer Image
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. reveals today a new dealer image program that will see half of its dealer network rebrand by the end of 2019. The rollout is part of a global dealer image strategy that will see the new dealer image in 5,000 dealerships globally.
“The new visual identity of our dealership is an essential next step as we redefine what Mitsubishi Motors means to Canadian customers and look to enhance the customer experience in all areas of our business,” said Tony Laframboise, president and CEO, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. “The look is bold, modern and expresses our brand vision Drive your Ambition within the retail environment.”
Elements of the new dealership design are:
- Bold black exterior signage with dramatic use of red accents. A Dynamic Slope with Mitsubishi Motors Brand mark offers a unique corner element of black cladding with perforations which creates a powerful brand image without compromising interior light. Glass surrounds the dealership.
- A strong black and red entrance gate that makes it easy for the customer to find the main entrance to the dealership.
- Branding continues in the interior, a black wall with brand mark, anchors a Welcome Reception area that offers a first glimpse into the new modern space.
- An inviting and bright interior offers a striking contrast to dramatic black ceilings.
- A comfortable lounge area and connected area create a space that is inviting and not rushed.
- The dealership features an Electric Vehicle area showcasing Mitsubishi Motors commitment to electrified vehicles marked by a halo over the latest electrified vehicle.
- The drive-thru service area is well-lit, with open views to the service reception area so customers have line of sight to their service work.
The first dealership in the new image is slated to open in fall 2018 in Ajax, Ontario. The global design vision will come to life in Canada with locally sourced materials from several manufacturers ranging from furniture to lighting to metal cladding.
There are currently 93 Mitsubishi Motors dealerships located in Canada. The company plans to grow its network to 100 over the next year.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. With a product range consisting of Mirage and Mirage G4, RVR compact crossover, Outlander compact sport utility and Outlander PHEV, and Eclipse Cross, MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre -- both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small. In 2016, MMSCAN became the only automaker to partner with Breakfast Club of Canada with a goal of stimulating young minds and a brighter future in communities across the land.