MITSUBISHI MOTORS LAUNCHED RESTYLED MIRAGE IN THAILAND
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION (MMC) today launched facelifted and updated Mirage*1 in Thailand. Sales in other markets will follow sequentially. The Mirage will be on display at the Thailand International Motor Expo 2019 to be held on November 28.
The facelift gives the compact sharper and more dynamic exterior as well as more elegant interior designs. These vehicles are manufactured in the Laem Chabang Plant of MITSUBISHI MOTORS Thailand.
*1･･･Sold as Space Star in some European and Asian markets.
Mirage (Thai market model)
Product Overview (Thai market models) *3
1) Sharp, dynamic exterior
- The Mirage adopts the Dynamic Shield front design that denotes the Mitsubishi brand identity. The styling sweeps round from the sides toward the middle of the nose in a protective embrace. This and the square grille lines with its horizontal/vertical bar pattern, give the front end a more powerful and sharper look.
- The optimized lamp layout makes the front look wider and more stable. The styling of the multi-bulb LED combination lamps connects them visually with the grille and with the fog lamps located at the bumper corners.
- The rear is given a wider and more stable look with a squarish treatment for the bumper corners and with the L-signature horizontal LED combination lamps that stand upright from the bumper corners.
- Mirage is offered in a new White Diamond body color that has a brilliance and depth to it. The Mirage palette is given a new bright and fresh Sand Yellow.
- Mirage offers a new-design 15-inch alloy wheel with two-tone diamond-cut styling.
2) More user-friendly, stylish interiors
- The front arm rests use a new design, and hand-touch areas are finished in soft-feel cloth.
- The meter panel and the power window switch panel use a sporty carbon pattern.
- Upper-trim levels are offered with a special seat design. For Mirage, these are upholstered in a sporty-look fabric/synthetic leather combination. The addition of piping and stitching to the seat sides gives an added touch of elegance.
Mirage (Thai market model)
- Newly adopted Smartphone Display Audio (SDA) system with 7-inch display improves legibility and clarity. The SDA system supports both Apple CarPlay*4.
*3･･･Specification of each product may vary according to the market and the trim level.
*4･･･Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
- The current Mirage is a 5-door 5-occupant compact hatchback powered by a 1.2 L engine and has been sold in over 90 countries, including Thailand, Europe, US and others.
- Cumulative global sales of the Mirage and Attrage global strategy cars are around 650,000 and 280,000 units respectively (as of the end of September, 2019).
The restyled Mirage hatchback is coming to Canada. Timing will be announced in the future.