MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PHEV IS A FINALIST FOR THE 2019 AJAC GREEN UTILITY OF THE YEAR AWARD
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. is pleased to announce the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is a finalist in the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada’s (AJAC) 2019 Green Utility of the Year Award.
Since Outlander PHEV officially launched in 2018, it quickly became a consumer favourite as the first affordable plug-in hybrid SUV in the marketplace. Not only is Outlander PHEV the top-selling plug-in hybrid SUV but it is also the top selling plug-in hybrid of any kind in Canada. In November of 2018, it was the first plug-in vehicle in Canada’s history to reach 5,000 units sold in a calendar year giving Canada the distinction of being the third top seller globally for Outlander PHEV. Global sales of the Outlander PHEV are now approaching 200,000 units.
“We are thrilled to be recognized by the distinguished AJAC jurors for the Green Utility of the Year Award. Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has truly been a game-changer in the marketplace because it has opened up the electrified vehicle category to a whole new customer base, widening the segment,” said Tony Laframboise, president and CEO, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV accounted for 24 per cent of all plug-in hybrids sold in Canada in 2018.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is also the recipient of the Green Journal’s 2019 Green SUV of the Year Award.
Claims of excellence include:
- World’s most technically-advanced 4WD plug-in hybrid
- Canada’s first twin electric-motor SUV with Super All-Wheel-Control (S-AWC)
- Canada’s only plug-in hybrid SUV to offer 100% electric 4WD capability
- Canada’s only plug-in hybrid SUV with DC Fast Charging capability, providing – 80 per cent charge in under 30 minutes
- 1,500 lb towing capacity
- 1,500 Watt Power Inverter (power supply)
- Canada’s only plug-in hybrid with a remarkable 10-year or 160,000 km powertrain warranty, 10-year/160,000 km lithium-ion battery warranty and five-year or 100,000 km comprehensive warranty.
The AJAC Green Utility of the Year Award will be announced on March 19 as part of the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver International Auto Show.