Mitsubishi 2022 All-New Outlander Boosts Family Tech with Feature Loaded Packaging, Priced Competitively
- Next-generation flagship offers significant refinement and capability
- All-new platform features enhanced driving dynamics and responsiveness
- Base model includes Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC), class-leading 11 airbags, standard third-row seats and advanced safety technology including automatic rear emergency brake
- Feature loaded lower price lines telematics for the first in Canada, smartphone wireless charging and 20-inch wheels; Mid-price lines include a feature list normally reserved for top packages
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander on sale in April
Mississauga, ON, March 12, 2021 –Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. today announced pricing and packaging for the all-new 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander, the best-equipped, most connected vehicle the company has ever sold in Canada starting at just $31,998¹ MSRP with an upgraded, reengineered version of the brand’s signature Super All-wheel Control (S-AWC)2 all-wheel drive system. There are seven price lines to choose from base ES to GT Premium.
Mitsubishi’s all-new flagship builds on the previous well-equipped generation with a newly developed platform and powertrain, bold and distinctive exterior styling and a refined and serene interior with high-end finishes and thoughtful touches throughout. With more than 50+ new technologies and vehicle features, Outlander delivers more standard driver connectivity and driver assistance features, and passenger comforts.
Packaging for Striking Value
Safety and family comfort are top of mind for Canadians. Mitsubishi has increased value for consumers by providing a long list of safety and comfort features at much lower trim levels including a feature loaded LE volume price line, and mid-price lines with features normally reserved for top packages.
Family Friendly Feature Loaded LE Volume Price Line, MSRP $37,738
The Outlander offers unique features right from base including class-leading 11 airbags, S-AWC, and 3-row, 7 passenger seating and advanced safety features like rear automatic emergency braking. However, it is Outlander’s most popular LE volume price line that takes packaging to another level including the addition of telematics for the first time in Canada. Mitsubishi Connect can start the car remotely, connects you with a call centre at a touch of a button in case of emergency and automatically reports when an airbag has been deployed. It can even help find a stolen vehicle, or a vehicle just lost in a parking lot. Mitsubishi Connect is offered for the first time in Canada and comes with Safeguard and Remote Services and a 24-month trial included.
High demand-for-family equipment is standard on the LE: smartphone wireless charging; class leading 11 air bags; 9-inch smartphone link display with Android Auto™ and wireless Apple CarPlay®³ and a navigation system; rear seat alert (reminds you to check for precious cargo in the back seat), adaptive cruise control, Forward Collision Mitigation, blind spot warning, hands-free power lift gate with height adjustment; Multiview camera system with moving object detection, rear automatic emergency brake, trailer stability assist, triple zone climate control, heated steering wheel, power panoramic sunroof plus an abundance of storage including triple seat back pockets, and 20-inch wheels.
SEL goes Upscale Affordably, MSRP $40,208
For families who are looking for more luxury without going to the top trim, SEL pairs upscale leather with high technology like at 12.3-inch full colour TFT digital driver display, a first for Mitsubishi Motors. You’ll also find heated rear seats in addition to all the other features of LE. New to Mitsubishi are key-linked memory seats that will slide back to front for easier entry and exit, linking exterior mirrors as well. In addition, exterior mirrors auto-tilt when in reverse for better visibility when backing up.
GT and GT Premium – The Gold Standard, GT MSRP $41,678
With every creature comfort and technology imaginable, the GT price line is a step above offering advanced driver assistance technology like MI-PILOT Assist7 with Navi-link that integrates Adaptive Cruise Control (with Stop &g go) and Lane Keep Assist to maintain distance between vehicles, keep the vehicle in the centre of the lane and event reads speed signs and adjust speeds accordingly. You’ll also see Active Blind Spot Assist, which will apply brakes if it senses a vehicle in the vehicle’s blind spot if the driver continues to move to the next lane. From a style standpoint, you’ll see refinement in design with real aluminum finishes in the console and accent lighting.
Additionally, 10-speaker BOSE®5 audio system and 10.8-inch full-color head-up display (HUD) is available on the GT.
For the first time ever, Mitsubishi is introducing a GT Premium priceline which brings a next-level interior to the fore with semi-aniline leather in saddle tan and black.
Capability and Confidence
The 2022 Outlander rides on a next-generation platform developed through its partnership in the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. The newly engineered platform offers a stable foundation for a more confident and comfortable driving experience. With hot stamped ultra-high tensile-strength steel used in key areas, torsional rigidity is increased by 33% over the previous model. The result – a drive experience that is uniquely Mitsubishi.
Powering the all-new Outlander is a newly developed 2.5-liter, four-cylinder gasoline engine mated to an eight-step continuously variable transmission (CVT). Fuel economy for this all-new vehicle is 9.7 (City) /7.9 (Highway) /8.9 (Combined). 6
Mitsubishi’s rally-derived Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC)2 all-wheel drive system is standard from base. This system provides drivers with six drive modes to adjust the electronically controlled 4WD system, allowing drivers to feel more confident in all road conditions.
The vehicle can tow 2,000 lbs with two passengers.
Standard and Available ADAS Features Across the Lineup
As the best-equipped Mitsubishi ever sold in the Canada, the all-new Outlander offers an impressive array of standard and available advanced driver assistance systems to increase driver convenience, confidence and safety.
Families can be assured that a wide array of driver assistance and safety features are standard right from base including Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) 8, Rear Automatic Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Warning (BSW) 10, Lane departure Warning,9 Driver Attention Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Automatic High Beam (AHB), Hill Descent Control (HDC), Trailer Stability Assist (TSA), and a class-leading 11 air bags.
Depending on trim level, the all-new Outlander also offers: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), MI-PILOT Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist (ABSA), Lane Keep Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Prevention (LDP), and a Multiview Camera system.11
Detailed Pricing and Warranty
Every 2022 Outlander comes with one of the industry’s leading warranties12: a 10-year/160,000-km powertrain limited warranty; 5-year/100,000-km new vehicle limited warranty; and 5-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance program.9
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP)1 for the 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander follows below.
|2022 Outlander Price Lines||MSRP (S-AWC)|
– 18” alloy wheels
– Forward Collision Mitigation, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane departure warning
– 11 air bags
– LED headlamps
– Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
– Front & Rear USB ports
– 8” Smartphone Link Display Audio
– 10-year warranty
– Standard three row (seven seats)
– Headlamp washers
All ES equipment, plus:
– Smartphone wireless charging
– Hands-free power lift gate with height adjustability
– LED front fog lights
– Power panoramic sunroof
– Roof rails
– Leather-wrapped heated steering wheel
– FAST-Key entry system
– Triple Zone Climate Control
– Power-folding exterior mirrors
All SE equipment, plus:
– Mitsubishi Connect Services
– 20-inch wheels
– Embedded Navigation powered by TomTom
– Adaptive Cruise Control
– Multiview 360 camera with moving object detection
– 9” Smartphone Link Display Audio
Adds to LE:
– Faux suede interior
– Power driver seat
All LE and LE Premium, plus:
– Quilted Leather appointed seating
– Leather interiors
– Mirror position memory
– Mirror reverse auto-tilt
– Key-linked driver-seat memory
– 4-way power adjustable passenger seat
– Heated rear seats
– 12.3” full TFT digital driver display
Adds to SEL:
– MI-PILOT Assist
– Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go
– Lane Keep Assist
– Traffic Sign recognition
– Front parking sensors
– Lane departure prevention
– Active Blind Spot Assist
– 10.8” Head-up Display
– 10 speaker BOSE audio sound system
– Front door accent with LED illumination
– Rear door pull-up sunshades
|GT Premium – New Price line Adds to GT:
– Semi-aniline leather seating surfaces
The 2022 Outlander caps off the Mitsubishi brand’s comprehensive product initiative to introduce four updated or all-new vehicles to create one of the newest showrooms in the industry for dealer partners and customers alike.
For more on the 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander and Mitsubishi’s full lineup of vehicles, please visit mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca.
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license etc. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your Mitsubishi retailer for details. Vehicle MSRP does not include Destination/Handling Charge.
- Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) adds Active Yaw Control (AYC) to realize the AWC concept at a very high level. This integrated vehicle dynamics control system manages the driving forces and braking forces of the four wheels to help realize vehicle behavior that is faithful to the operation by the driver under a variety of driving conditions. S-AWC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving.
- Available feature. Apple CarPlay®, Siri®, and Apple Music® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
- Available feature. Android,™ Android Auto,™ Google,™ Google Play,™ Google Maps,™ Google Assistant,™ and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
- The Bose name is a registered trademark of Bose Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- NRCAN mileage estimates. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only.
- MI-PILOT Assist is a driver assistance system only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. The driver must remain engaged with the driving task and monitor the environment at all times.
- The Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, the system may not detect other vehicles and/or pedestrians correctly.
- The Lane Departure Warning system is designed to read lane marks under certain conditions. It is not a collision avoidance system or a substitute for safe and careful driving practices.
- The Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, this system may not detect other vehicles correctly.
- Not available on all models.
- All coverage terms are from the original in-service dates and are applicable only to the original owner of new, retailed models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. See retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.