ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURE DISCLAIMERS
Advanced safety systems are driver aids only and are not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain conditions, the systems have detection, capacity and other operational limits. Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on these systems. See Owner’s Manual for full details.
- FCM: The Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain conditions, the system may not detect other vehicles correctly.
- LDW: The Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain conditions, this system may not detect correctly.
- LDP: The detection and control capabilities of Lane Departure Prevention [LDP] are supplemental only. The LDP system will not steer the vehicle or prevent loss of control. The LDP system is primarily intended for use on well-developed freeways or highways. Under certain conditions this system may not detect the lane markets correctly. The warning sound will only activate when MI-PILOT Assist is running (active).
- RCTA: Do not rely solely on Rear Cross Traffic Alert [RCTA], which may not detect all moving vehicles in certain conditions.
- Rear AEB: The Rear Automatic Emergency Braking [Rear AEB] system is a supplemental aid to the driver. Always use the side and rear mirrors and turn and look in the direction you will move before and while backing up. There is a limitation to the Rear AEB system capability.
- MVCS: The Multi View Camera System (MVCS) is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for visual confirmation. The view on the screen is limited and objects outside that view will not be seen.
- The Auto-Tilting Reverse Mirrors feature is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving.
- BSW: Under certain conditions Blind Spot Warning (BSW) may not detect other vehicles correctly.
- ABSA: The Active Blind Spot Assist [ABSA] system is not a replacement for proper driving procedures and is not designed to prevent contact with vehicles or objects. When changing lanes, always use the side and rear mirrors and turn and look in the direction your vehicle will move to ensure it is safe to change lanes. There is a limitation to the detection capability of the radar.
- ACC: The detection and control capabilities of Adaptive Cruise Control [ACC] are supplemental only. ACC may not be activated in some conditions. ACC may be unable to decelerate sufficiently in some conditions.
- LKA: Lane Keep Assist [LKA] will not always steer the vehicle to keep it in the lane. It is not designed to prevent loss of control. LKA does not function in some conditions. LKA is intended for use on well-developed highways with gentle (moderate) curves. To avoid risk of an accident, do not use this system on local or non-highway roads. LKA only steers the vehicle to maintain its position in the center of a lane and does not steer to avoid objects.
- AHB: The Auto LED High Beams (AHB) system is a driver aid only and factors such as dirty windshield, weather, lighting and terrain limit effectiveness, requiring the driver to manually operate the high beams.
- DAA: The Driver Attention Alert [DAA] system is only a warning to inform the driver of a potential lack of driver attention or drowsiness. It will not steer the vehicle or prevent loss of control. The DAA system does not detect or provide an alert in every situation.
- TSR: Traffic Sign Recognition system [TSR] may not be able to recognize traffic signs correctly in some conditions. When driving the vehicle, always check the traffic signs with your own eyes.
- TPMS: The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for regular inspection.